Indie dev publishing agreements – what to watch out for
Are you an indie dev who is thinking about signing an agreement with a publisher?
I teamed up with Black Shell Media’s Raghav Mathur recently to discuss some important things to watch out for in these publishing agreements. There are a lot of big pitfalls that could seriously impact your ability to make money from the deal or your control over the IP. The five issues we discuss are:
- Unreasonable or Undefined Timeframes
- Ownership of the Intellectual Property
- An Unclear (or Infinite) Approval Process
- Who’s Responsible for What?
- What About Sequels, Expansions, Ports, and Merch?
Check out the full article on Black Shell Media’s blog here. Let me know what you think!
Latest posts by Zachary Strebeck (see all)
- Gen Con 2019 – Tabletop Legal Q&A Session! - July 7, 2019
- Escape Room trademarks – Check out my guide on Escape Front! - May 15, 2019
- Amazon Brand Registry Requirements [2019 Guide] - May 4, 2019