I have exciting news – I’ve been accepted into the Gen Con “Industry Insider” program, which makes me a “featured presenter” in a handful of awesome panels. Those particular panels haven’t been revealed yet, but I’ll let you know right here as soon as they are.
I’m also appearing on five other non-featured panels, two of which specifically deal with legal issues in the tabletop industry:
Publishing Your First Board Game, from Design to Manufacturing – Thursday @ 5pm
Running Your Board Game Kickstarter Campaign – Friday @ 4pm
Legal issues for board game developers – Saturday @ 12pm
The two legal panels will feature myself and Justin Jacobson, an attorney who has worked with some high-profile tabletop clients. It should be a great chance to learn and ask questions of two game lawyers! If you have any questions and will be in attendance, please send them to me early at [email protected].
In the other panels, I have a great mix of guests joining me, including:
- Jeremy Commandeur (designer of a number of games, including Booze Barons);
- Brian Henk (Overworld Games, publisher of Good Cop Bad Cop, New Salem, Booze Barons, and Exposed);
- Ben Rosset (designer of Brew Crafters, Mars Needs Mechanics, and Between Two Cities; project manager for Panda Game Manufacturing);
- JT Smith (The Game Crafter);
- Brett Sobol (Nauvoo Games, publisher of Stockpile and Stockpile: Continuing Corruption);
- and other awesome guests!
Grab your 4-day pass for Gen Con, sign up for the panels, and introduce yourself to me there! I love to meet readers, fans, and developers with legal questions. I hope to see you all in Indianapolis.